Description Configure a filter for emailing log messages.
Syntax [no] logging email filter filter-num “conditions” operators [trigger]
Default Not set. Emailing of log messages is disabled by default.
Mode Configuration mode
Usage To configure the ACOS device to send log messages by email, you also must specify the email address to which to email the log messages. See logging email-address.
Below are some additional usage considerations:
• You can configure up to 8 filters. The filters are used in numerical order, starting with filter 1. When a message matches a filter, the message will be emailed based on the buffer settings. No additional filters are used to examine the message.
• A maximum of 8 conditions are supported in a filter.
• The total number of conditions plus the number of Boolean operators supported in a filter is 16.
• The filter requires a valid module name, even if you omit the module option.
• For backward compatibility, the following syntax from previous releases is still supported:
logging email severity-level
The severity-level can be one or more of the following (specify either the severity number o r name):
• 0 - emergency
• 1 - alert
• 2 - critical
• 5 - notification
The command is treated as a special filter. This filter is placed into effect only if the command syntax shown above is in the configuration. The filter has an implicit trigger option for emergency, alert, and critical messages, to emulate the behavior in previous releases.
Example The following command configures a filter that matches on log messages if they are information-level messages and contain the string “abc”. The trigger option is not used, so the messages will be buffered rather than emailed immediately.
The following command reconfigures the filter to immediately email matching messages.
Example The following example configures a filter to send email if the log message is generated by the “AFLEX” module and the severity level is “warning”:
Example The following example configures a filter to send email if the log message has the pattern of “disk is full” or the severity level is “critical”:
Example The following example configures a filter to send email if the log message is generated by (module “SYSTEM” or “ALB”) and (the severity level is “alert” or has pattern of “unexpected error”)